I’m at the end of another blogging year. It never fails to surprise me which posts are the most widely read each year, but it’s fun to go back and see what y’all were into! This year it looks like marriage and raising kids were on your mind. An interesting thing about blogging is that MY favorite writings don’t always line up with the ones that get passed around a lot, so I’ll do another post soon that features some of my favorite things that I managed to get written this year, in between all of the craziness of raising a family.
Thanks so much for your encouragement this year. I love reading your comments and seeing you share posts with your friends.
2017 is going to be an interesting year. I’m turning (gulp) 40! And, my youngest is starting kindergarten! I’m excited about a new phase of life, and I can’t wait to see how God will work. He always surprises me, and He never, ever disappoints.
I hope you enjoy this look back at the posts you shared the most in 2016.
- What #GiveElsaAGirlfriend Really Means This post is a brief commentary on the hashtag that surfaced earlier this year, when a teenager started a campaign to make Elsa gay in the upcoming sequel to the wildly popular Frozen.
- Even if He Doesn’t What if He doesn’t heal us? Rescue our children? Give us the life we dream of? Can we really say that He is still good?
- To the Women Who Wish Their Husbands Were Spiritual Leaders Reminders for wives about our important role in the spiritual growth of our husbands.
- His Wife, Not His Mother When this posted, I got lots of emails and comments from men who live with mothering wives. And, I got lots of emails and comments from women who know they shouldn’t do it, but don’t know how to stop. It’s a problem.
- The Tender Heart of a Woman When we let words hang over us for far too long. And, to men, a simple message: be careful with her heart.
- Raising Christian Kids in a Public School Some practical tips for being a Christ-centered family without homeschooling.
- Sex Education Should Start in the Christian Home I can’t reiterate this one enough: talk, talk, talk, and listen, listen, listen. Sure, it might be awkward. Big deal!
- Love Ain’t Easy, Part One: Making Changes This is the first installment of a four part series on the more difficult parts of marriage. You’ll find links to the other three posts at the end of this one.
- The Busy Mom’s Guide to Prayer Permission to squeeze prayer in wherever you can.
- The Challenge in Praying With Your Spouse Chad and I have struggled in this area. Read about a recent breakthrough and how you can do it, too.
I hope you have benefited by reading some of these in 2016. I’ll be back soon with a list of my personal favorite posts of this year!
I love hearing from you!