Adelade, Sawyer, and Emerald,
If I died tonight, here is what I would want you to know.
1. There is nothing in this world that matters more that Jesus Christ and knowing Him.
2. I love each of you in a way that is pure, deep, and born of the heart of God.
3. You have made me a better Christian and a better human being.
4. As you know, I’m not perfect. And, you aren’t either. We don’t have to be. God’s love covers everything.
5. To obey is greater than sacrifice. We aren’t perfect, but we are called to obey God and love Him with all we have. Love Him. Obey Him.
6. The church is filled with people who struggle just like we do. She will make mistakes. But, she is the bride of Christ. Stick with her and be blessed.
7. If I had the choice, I would be with you until you are old. But, I trust God to do what is good.
8. You will be afraid of lots of things in this life. It’s a scary world. But, don’t ever forget that God is in control, and no matter what happens, He will make things right.
9. I have whispered many prayers over you during your lives. May they carry you through.
10. You are exactly who I would choose if I could have chosen my children. You amaze me in every way.
11. Mothers live with all kinds of guilt and regrets. Thank you for the grace you have shown me–even when I didn’t deserve it.
12. You are all my favorites.
13. I have been in love with your daddy since I was nineteen years old. That love has never wavered.
14. I love hearing you laugh. I think your giggles may be playing on an eternal loop in Heaven.
15. It’s hard not to worry. But, don’t let worry rule your life. Jesus is writing your story, so trust that He knows what you need.
16. God’s glory is the most important thing.
17. Your daddy is an incredible man of God with a tender heart and a fun, creative spirit. He is truly special. Follow him.
18. It’s good to be happy. But, it’s better to have joy, even in hard times.
19. I adore everything about each of you. Especially your humor, your tender hearts, your freckles, your blue eyes, and your hugs.
20. Hope is real. Heaven exists. God is good. Jesus reigns forever. Hope is yours.
21. I will love you for the rest of my life and for all eternity. Count on it.
From your Mama.
Written for your children…inspiring to all God’s children…sounds like the things He wants each of us to know…thank you <3
Thanks so much, Laura!
This is beautifully and sensitively written. It is very timely for us as my husband has just been given a diagnosis with a five year life expectancy. One of the things he is struggling with is how to write each of our three adult children a letter. None of them are saved so he wants to include in his letter how important his faith is and how it has changed his life through coming to Christ. Although he will not us this letter, it will give him an idea foundation of how to start. Thank you very ,ugh for being transparent and sharing this. To Him be the glory. Sharon
Sharon, I’m so very sorry to hear about your husband’s diagnosis. I’ll be keeping you all in my prayers!