Originally posted on October 14, 2012. Happy Mother’s Day!
1. No child ever cried himself to death.
2. “Because I said so” is a wise and complete reason.
3. When Daylight Savings Time ends, we can put the kids to bed way earlier.
4. Bribery is a necessary and legitimate part of child-rearing
5. A period of mourning is appropriate when our favorite Nick Jr. show is cancelled.
6. Fruit snacks are more important than cash money.
7. Tools needed for potty training: cool underwear, a TV set, M&Ms.
8. We sometimes go an entire day without looking in the mirror.
9. Sleep is a non-essential
10. Magic Erasers changed everything.
11. Sometimes we say “no” just because we can.
12. Christmas is more fun as a mother than it was as a kid.
13. Time speeds up when a child is born.
14. Our kids are the brightest, coolest, most beautiful, and most talented.
15. Baby wipes. In the car, in the house, in our purses. They are our friend.
16. We hope the tooth falls out on its own.
17. A wildflower presented in a chubby little hand really does make us happy.
18. Loud is a subjective term.
19. “I would never…” is no longer part of our vocabulary.
20. The final answer to the question “Why?” is “Because that’s the way it is.”