I’m currently planning Emerald’s second birthday party. This is how birthday parties work in my house:
1. Start months ahead of time, collecting ideas and pinning adorable images.
2. Make lists of all of the fantastic ideas that I want to incorporate into the party.
3. Think to myself that I have lots of time and will start on all of the ideas as the party gets closer.
4. Procrastinate until the week of the party.
5. Realize how much money all of the cute ideas are going to cost.
6. Toss out cute ideas and go with what is cheap.
This is what I’m doing this week.
And, let’s face it, she is turning two years old. She would be happy with an Oreo and a balloon from the Dollar Store. Aren’t kids the greatest? But, even when I throw out most of the cute ideas and do everything the hardest possible way because that’s my style, I have so much fun planning parties for my kids. Halloween costumes, Easter outfits, and birthday parties are some of my top favorite things about motherhood. So, when the party’s over, I’ll share some pictures of her second birthday. But, for now, here’s a picture of Emerald on her first birthday! Tell me: what’s your birthday party planning style?