That plan to check in here and there during the past two weeks didn’t really work out, did it? So, to give you the short-short version of what’s been happening during the past few weeks, here’s what you’ve missed:
- a double Star Wars birthday party for Adelade and Sawyer, which was truly one of the wildest kids’ parties I’ve ever been to. The kid reviews were pretty incredible, though.
- our first ever livestock show. Adelade showed her rabbits and we found out we have a 3rd place senior buck. If you’ve never done stock shows, there’s this whole other language. I’m learning the vocab. We had a ton of fun, and in an unexpected twist since Chad and Adelade decided rabbits were in our future, I really and truly shoveled rabbit poop. Next stop, cowboy boots.
- Emerald got her first black eye. It happened at the birthday party, when she ran into another kid who happened to be wearing a Darth Vader mask. So, when anyone asks her where she got her black eye, she sincerely answers, “Darth Vader.”
- We got another dog. I know. What in the world? She was abandoned, and she’s so sweet, except for the incessant barking thing. We’re working on that.
- Adelade and Sawyer started their basketball season. They played their first games on Saturday and both teams got beat by 20 or so points. Edgingtons don’t tend to lend a lot of aid in the basket-scoring department. But, they do enjoy running up and down the court. So, there’s that.
- Chad turned 41. I picked up huge cakes for everyone to eat at our Wednesday night meal at church, and when we brought them out, he made us go back into the kitchen with them and made all the kids in the fellowship hall hide under tables. Then he directed everyone to jump up and yell, “Surprise!” I bought him lame presents which are still unwrapped, stuffed in my closet because we have been so busy and never even bothered to give him his birthday presents. Don’t tell his mother. I’m sorry, Bettye!
- I have been writing. Just not right here in this spot. It’s a project I’m excited to tell y’all about sometime in the future. But, for now, let’s just say that during my “break” for the past two weeks, there was definitely no bon-bon eating and lounging going on. Things in our life are fast and furious. But, it is sure a wonderful and exciting and fun life to be living.
That being said, I’m really glad to be back here in this little space where I can tell y’all the thoughts that wander through my brain. Happy Monday!
Welcome back. You contribute to the lives of your reader family.
Thank you, Robert!
Wow. I’m exhausted just reading about your two weeks and I knew about most of the events. Except the Darth Vader black eye to Miss Emerald. Don’t forget her Sunday School class performing during last Sunday morning service! They were awesome!! You have had a was a busy and fun January. So excited for the release of your news. Think I’ll just have a Bonbon as I anxiously await.
Ha, Barbara! I’m kinda tired myself!:-)
Welcome back!!! So good to catch up. And it’s only been two weeks?? Feels like forrrrever
For me, too, Laura!
what about our trip to Carrolton? Most fun I have had in a long time. So blessed to have your family in our lives!
Seriously, I can’t believe I forgot to mention that. Such a fun night! Thanks, Jim!